The reason's why I want to marry you...


Before we got married, we went through 13 weeks of pre-marital counseling with our pastor. We recommend that everyone getting married or thinking about getting married do this. It helped us out so much. We already communicated well before taking the counseling, but we learned so much more about each other each session. A lot of the things we learned didn't apply until we were actually married, but it prepared us for certain situations we may have not anticipated.

At any rate, one of our assignments was to write the reason why we wanted to marry each other. This was such a fun exercise because when it came time to present the list to each other we were surprised and honored to hear some of the things we had to say about each other. Here's what we said:

The REASONS why I want to marry you, RYAN:
  1. Because I trust you with my life and my heart...I know you won't hurt me
  2. I want to marry you because you have stayed with me despite the rough times
  3. You have led me to be a better person
  4. You have always comforted me and cared for me in my time of need
  5. You love me...and you show and tell me daily
  6. I've learned to be myself around you
  7. You have the qualities I'd want in myself, you're my other half
  8. I want to fulfill our dreams together
  9. Because you allowed me to be there for you, to be a part of your like
  10. I want to marry you because you remind me of the Lord and his word
  11. I want to marry you so I can lie down and fall asleep beside you and wake up beside you
  12. I want to marry you so that I never have to leave you
  13. You are my best friend
  14. I can talk to you about anything
  15. You always make an effort in our relationship
  16. I have fun with you...we can laugh together
  17. You're God's gift to me and my answered prayer
  18. I want to marry you because you have given everything...your all to me
  19. Because I can't see you being with no one else but me
  20. Because you and you love make me a better person overall
The 12 REASONS why you should marry this woman named: ANGELA...
  1. God's plan/gift
  2. Totally opposite of who I am
  3. Best Friend
  4. Very supportive
  5. Conscientious
  6. Caring towards other people
  7. Tom boyish
  8. Not materialistic
  9. Family oriented
  10. Kind
  11. Attractive
  12. Loves me for who I really am and not for that I can be or who she can make me to be.
Can you see the difference between the reasons? It goes to show that men and women see things differently, but in the end the results work.