Opposites Attract

Paula Abdul was my favorite entertainer as a child! One of her songs and videos I will never forget is "Opposites Attract" with the cool cat ;) No matter how different we are we end up coming together because opposites attract. Ryan and I have come to appreciate our differences as they make us who we are. We've come to realize that what we saw in each other, is what we actually wanted in ourselves. For example, Ryan is the more reserved and conservative type of person, very mellow. Myself on the other hand is quite the opposite. I am a talker and most of the time not afraid to put myself out there. Whatever the case, our characteristics offset each other to make our relationship "colorful."

It's always interesting to see how we pick up on each other's facial expressions and slang. I guess what I'm trying to say in this post is that we should embrace our differences...the personalties of our significant others because those are the things that make us who we are as an individual and as a couple. Learn from each other, give and take from each other and learn to laugh at the things you may have found annoying when you first met, but now can't live without!

Check out the cool video too!