New Beginnings


It's been a while since I've last posted a blog here or anywhere else for that matter. It's been a difficult year with the loss of my Abuelita. However it's also been an exciting year going through our first pregnancy. I have to admit, I wish I had blogged about it...but for some reason I did not have the energy or the drive. Not that I was not happy about being pregnant, but because there was so much going on.

For those of you who have experienced being pregnant and are already mothers, you may or may not agree with me. But as they say, "every pregnancy is different...there are no two that are alike."

Well, I am now happily in my 35th week of pregnancy; and Ryan and I are very much excited for the anticipated arrival of our beautiful baby girl! Yes, GIRL! Her name is Alana Rae Quisumbing! Although I am excited to give birth to her, I will be a bit saddened that she will no longer be in my belly! I love feeling her move around in there. Pregnancy truly is an amazing experience and I thank God for trusting me with this child. It's been a wonderful journey with ups and downs, but mostly ups!

When Ryan reads to her and talks to her she moves around even more. She is already, Daddy's Little Girl! And even though I haven't been blogging publicly about my pregnancy I have been trying to keep a journal of things I want my daughter to know. It's a work in progress and I will most likely continue to write in it when she is born and as she grows.

I feel so overwhelmed with joy and with things that need to be done. But overall, this has been a great experience. Above is a photo of Ryan, myself and our growing baby taken at 30 weeks. It is one of our favorites as it depicts our emotions towards our unborn child, Alana Rae!

Everyday, we thank the Lord for entrusting us with another life. We consider ourselves truly blessed! I will be honest, it has been a bit scary at times thinking about the future...How our child will have to live in this cruel world. Are we financially stable enough to raise this child? Who will take care of her when I go back to work? How am I going to fit that through this (ladies you know what I'm talking about? Etc...There are so many questions and not nearly enough answers. The only thing we have been able to do is to trust and rely solely on God for his guidance and support. I know he will never allow us to go through anything we cannot handle...where there is a will, there is a way.

My prayer for you...is that each and every one of you will be able to experience the joy of motherhood and fatherhood one day soon! It is the best feeling and this is just the beginning for us.

Cheers, to New Beginnings!